We have compiled this list of commonly asked questions about tubal ligation reversal to help you make an informed decision about this procedure. If you have additional questions, please call our offices at 877-588-5594 or use the contact form on the site.
After Your Tubal Reversal
- How long before I can go back to work?
- Pregnancy after tubal reversal: How long before I will be ready to try to conceive?
- What do I do if I think I’m pregnant?
- What if I have problems after surgery?
- What things can change my chances of pregnancy one way or another after tubal reversal?
- Will I have a lot of pain after tubal ligation reversal?
Ectopic Pregnancy [ a “tubal” ]
- I have heard that ectopic pregnancy is more likely after tubal reversal, what can you tell me about that?
- I think I may have had an ectopic prior to having my tubes tied, is that important?
- How do I get an appointment to have tubal reversal surgery?
- Some tubal reversal facilities have extra charges for various things. Are there any hidden costs at Lakeshore surgical center?
- What if I change my mind or can’t come on my surgery day?
- What if my tubes cannot be repaired?
- Will I have to come for a consultation before my tubal reversal?
- There are not a lot of doctors that do tubal microsurgery but there are substantial differences in the fees. Would I be better off going somewhere more expensive?
- What can you tell me about the type of tubal ligation I had; will I be likely to get pregnant if I have a tubal reversal?
- Will I get pregnant if I have tubal ligation reversal surgery (have my tubes “untied”)?
The Surgical Procedure
- Can you do my tubal reversal by laparoscopy?
- How long does the tubal reversal operation take?
- I’m scared to have an anesthetic. What can you tell me about that?
- What is outpatient tubal ligation reversal?
- When you sew the tubes together, why do you feel that it is important to separately sew each layer of the tube?
- Will I have a big scar on my stomach after my tubal ligation reversal?
- You mention dye testing of the fallopian tubes. Why is that important?
Things I have heard or read about tubal reversal that are of concern to me
- Do you guarantee pregnancy after tubal ligation reversal?
- I’ve been told my only hope is In Vitro Fertilization (IVF), should I consider tubal reversal?
- Why should you consider Lakeshore Surgical Center for your tubal ligation reversal?