Dr. William Greene Jr., M.D., our medical director, was born in Toronto, Canada, to American parents. As a young boy they moved to the United States, in upstate New York and then to Ft. Lauderdale, FL when he was in high school.
Dr. Greene received a degree in Chemistry from the University of Florida, a medical degree from the University of Miami, and his residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology was done at the University of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital. Dr. Greene’s postgraduate training in microsurgery was done at the department of plastic surgery at M.D. Anderson hospital in Houston, Texas.
Following the completion of a residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology, he moved to Atlanta, Georgia and then to nearby Gainesville, Georgia where he established an Ob-Gyn practice with surgical center. In 1999 Dr. Greene began focusing on microsurgical tubal reversals and no longer saw Ob-Gyn patients.
Dr. Greene is board certified in obstetrics and gynecology by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and is a fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. Additionally, he has served on the board of directors of the Georgia Ob-Gyn Society and on the physician’s advisory council for the Department of Family and Children’s Services for the State of Georgia.
Dr. Greene is married with three grown children and he enjoys restoring vintage cars in his free time.
Georgia State Board of Medical Examiners
- University of Florida
- Gainesville, Florida
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
- University of Miami School of Medicine
- Internship and Residency
University of Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Postgraduate training in microsurgery
M.D. Anderson Hospital
- Department Chairman Ob-Gyn
Northeast Georgia Medical Center
- Board of Directors
Georgia Ob-Gyn Society
- Physicians Advisory Council
Department of Women’s and Children’s Services
State of Georgia
- Board Certification
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
1987 recertification 1997
- Fellow American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry from Georgia Tech,
- M.D. from the Medical College of Georgia
- Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Medical College of Georgia.
- Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology and a Diplomate of the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.